Education within a college and/or university no longer guarantees you a good job. The job market is more competitive now than it has ever been. The Boys Intiative offers a genuine internship experience that will not only prepare you for today's job market, but will transform you into an asset for any company YOU choose to work for. Classes pertaining to your major are no substitute for a real world experience. This internship does not consist of merely typical thankless and menial work, but provides a true hands-on experience through direction and personal management. Having this intern experience can put you at the top of the list among job candidates.
We are looking for an intern to assist with our social media marketing efforts. You will learn the ins and outs of our organization and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts for a non-profit organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Knowledge of digital media software -- Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc... is preferred
- Knowledge of digital media software -- Adobe, iMovie is a plus
- Knowledge of social media -- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, YouTube, blogs, etc...
- Willingness to create video blog posts, write blog posts, and Facebook, Twitter posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and "speak" to that group through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Expert Research skills
- Interest in social issues preferred
- Demonstrates flexibility; can redefine the role as needed and adapt to change
- Interacts professionally and appropriately within a variety of situations
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently
- Shares information, cooperates with others, and is comfortable participating as part of a team
- Being the authorized voice of Family Reunion by managing our online presence.
- Assisting with the management of profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc...
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our organization
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc...
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc...
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Minor video editing skills are a plus
- Serving as the information hub, communicator and daily monitor for online activities within Family Reunion
- Managing our online media, messages and emails, monitoring for inappropriate content, spammers or content that can be promoted.
- Overseeing all of our social networking and recommending new programs as they become available
- Managing positive community site experience through customer service and support
- Participating in forums, blogs and relevant communities representing Men's E-News
- Constant research pertaining to any up-and-coming social networks
- Send out press releases through online tools
- Post intern postings
- Research, write and edit social media content
- Website and social media optimization
By the end of this training the trainee will have learned to:
- Fully understand the industry and member knowledge
- Compile a portfolio of completed assignments at the end of the internship
- Gain an advanced understanding of current social networks
- Obtain experience in up-and-coming social media outlets
- Connect the importance of up-to-date social networking within an organization
- Understand how social networking is beneficial to an organizations growth