Education within a college and/or university no longer guarantees you a good job. The job market is more competitive now than it has ever been. The Boys Intiative offers a genuine internship experience that will not only prepare you for today's job market, but will transform you into an asset for any company YOU choose to work for. Classes pertaining to your major are no substitute for a real world experience. This internship does not consist of merely typical thankless and menial work, but provides a true hands-on experience through direction and personal management. Having this intern experience can put you at the top of the list among job candidates.
DescriptionAs a small non-profit we are looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom, and will complete this program ready to enter any fast-paced public relations firm with excellent skills. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details
- Strong communication skills
- Applicants should also have strong writing skills
- An understanding of our social media tools from Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pintrerest, etc...
- Interest in social issues preferred
- Demonstrates flexibility; can redefine the role as needed and adapt to change
- Expert research skills
- Interacts professionally and appropriately within a variety of situations
- Builds consensus, facilitates win-win business outcomes, gains and builds commitment to new ideas and courses of action
- Clearly articulates, presents, and promotes ideas and issues before various audiences in a professional settings
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently
- Shares information, cooperates with others, and is comfortable participating as part of a team
- Should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing and verbal communication skills, as well as, a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
- Monitor all forms of media
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, and other special events
- Write press releases and other materials
- Answer phone calls
- Assist with mailings, print production
- Create interview preparation materials
- Compile contact lists
- Search for articles relevant to our website
- Create or update databases
- Greet guests and clients
By the end of this training the trainee will have learned to:
- Fully understand the different responsibilities associated with a public relations position.
- Compile a portfolio of completed assignments at the end of the internship
- Gain an advanced understanding of pubic relations
- Obtain experience in the importance of using social media in a public relations position.
- Connect the importance of using public relations within an organization
- Understand how public relations is beneficial to an organizations growth